As we look at the climate of American society today, we find that history is unfortunately repeating itself. In the midst of the healthcare debate, the dreadful truths of racism and classism have reared their ugly heads in ways we have not seen since the end of the modern civil rights era.
- RT @Surgeon_General: Honored to be a part of @NAACP’s Nat’l Convention. Growing up as a young black man from rural Maryland, there weren’t… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @drkjlancaster: We know about the social determinants of health — food availability, inadequate transportation, job security, etc. that… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @KFLAnetwork: RT @NPR: "Racism will disappear when [it's] no longer profitable and no longer psychologically useful. When that happens,… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @akasorority1908: Members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, mourn the loss of their beloved sorority member and multiple awar… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @Pontifex: Let us pray that the Lord will free the victims of human trafficking and help us to respond actively to the cry for help of s… ... 3 weeks ago