As we look at the climate of American society today, we find that history is unfortunately repeating itself. In the midst of the healthcare debate, the dreadful truths of racism and classism have reared their ugly heads in ways we have not seen since the end of the modern civil rights era.
- RT @edeweysmith: Yesterday I was moved to tell the 2019 Graduates of @Morehouse to not have fear about jobs, housing or student loans becau… ... 4 days ago
- RT @BenJealous: In 2011 I was @ death row in GA with Troy Davis & his nephew Dejuan. Troy: If they kill me you’re his uncle. Me: Sure. W… ... 4 days ago
- RT @RepTerriSewell: We must keep working to protect the law of the land and the principles of equality outlined in #BrownvBoard. https://t.… ... 1 week ago
- RT @RepTerriSewell: 65 years ago today, #BrownvBoard desegregated our public schools and established moral and legal principles in this cou… ... 1 week ago
- RT @Pontifex: Let yourself be transformed and renewed by the Holy Spirit, in order to bring Christ into every environment and to give witne… ... 1 week ago