Delegates, it’s a joy to be with you in Los Angeles at the 102nd convening of the NAACP under the banner of “Affirming America’s Promise.” Over the past three years, we’ve travelled literally across the country holding our national conventions. We began our second century in 2009 in the great state and city of our birth, the big apple– New York, New York. In 2010, we visited the heartland in the city of fountains Kansas City, Missouri. And now, we’re in the city of Angels, Los Angeles, California, where the sun sets on the continental United States.
Join 152 other followers
- I really like the overarching argument of this piece. If we truly believe #GenderEquality should be a priority, tha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 9 hours ago
- Simply aspiring for #diversity is a fairly superficial goal. Meaningful #EDI efforts in the workplace place #equity… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 9 hours ago
- Unfortunately, for most companies to see the value in bolstering their #EDI efforts, we must argue the business ben… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 5 days ago
- A little progress is still progress, but with a matter as pressing as climate change, we can't afford to be timid.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 6 days ago
- This is pretty discouraging. #EDI is far too important to be reduced to just another box that companies feel they m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 1 week ago