Delegates, it’s a joy to be with you in Los Angeles at the 102nd convening of the NAACP under the banner of “Affirming America’s Promise.” Over the past three years, we’ve travelled literally across the country holding our national conventions. We began our second century in 2009 in the great state and city of our birth, the big apple– New York, New York. In 2010, we visited the heartland in the city of fountains Kansas City, Missouri. And now, we’re in the city of Angels, Los Angeles, California, where the sun sets on the continental United States.
Join 152 other subscribers
- Making mistakes is inevitable. When tackling something as complex and nuanced as #DEI, we cannot be deterred by the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 1 day ago
- There are many ways that #RemoteWork helps to promote #equity in the workplace. Working caregivers, for instance, h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 2 days ago
- When companies are looking to bolster #diversity efforts, they often bring in external experts to breathe new life… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 days ago
- RT @NAACP: We demand justice for Tyre Nichols. The next move our elected officials make will reveal how they plan to honor his life, his l… ... 3 days ago
- From higher instances of displacement to higher rates of gendered violence, women and girls bear the brunt of the i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 4 days ago