Delegates, it’s a joy to be with you in Los Angeles at the 102nd convening of the NAACP under the banner of “Affirming America’s Promise.” Over the past three years, we’ve travelled literally across the country holding our national conventions. We began our second century in 2009 in the great state and city of our birth, the big apple– New York, New York. In 2010, we visited the heartland in the city of fountains Kansas City, Missouri. And now, we’re in the city of Angels, Los Angeles, California, where the sun sets on the continental United States.
- RT @Surgeon_General: Honored to be a part of @NAACP’s Nat’l Convention. Growing up as a young black man from rural Maryland, there weren’t… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @drkjlancaster: We know about the social determinants of health — food availability, inadequate transportation, job security, etc. that… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @KFLAnetwork: RT @NPR: "Racism will disappear when [it's] no longer profitable and no longer psychologically useful. When that happens,… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @akasorority1908: Members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, mourn the loss of their beloved sorority member and multiple awar… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @Pontifex: Let us pray that the Lord will free the victims of human trafficking and help us to respond actively to the cry for help of s… ... 3 weeks ago