Delegates, it’s a joy to be with you in Los Angeles at the 102nd convening of the NAACP under the banner of “Affirming America’s Promise.” Over the past three years, we’ve travelled literally across the country holding our national conventions. We began our second century in 2009 in the great state and city of our birth, the big apple– New York, New York. In 2010, we visited the heartland in the city of fountains Kansas City, Missouri. And now, we’re in the city of Angels, Los Angeles, California, where the sun sets on the continental United States.
- Today’s release of the first-ever U.S. Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality highlights that advancing gender equi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 days ago
- An important quality in an effective leader is adaptability. Especially right now, when we are faced with frequent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 days ago
- Women should be leading the fight against the climate crisis. Placing more #WomenInLeadership would lead to higher… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 4 days ago
- We don't need to hypothesize about the ways in which #ClimateChange highlights disparities. Hurricane Ida was a per… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 5 days ago
- If we don't act now, #ClimateChange is going to have adverse effects on nearly every aspect of our lives. It is enc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 6 days ago