As we look at the climate of American society today, we find that history is unfortunately repeating itself. In the midst of the healthcare debate, the dreadful truths of racism and classism have reared their ugly heads in ways we have not seen since the end of the modern civil rights era.
- RT @JeromeAdamsMD: Today is my 2 year anniversary being in the role of Surgeon General- and this little cutie came to congratulate me! T… ... 1 week ago
- RT @Surgeon_General: America, help me spread this message—No amount of #marijuana use during pregnancy or adolescence is known to be safe!… ... 1 week ago
- RT @Surgeon_General: Honored to be a part of @NAACP’s Nat’l Convention. Growing up as a young black man from rural Maryland, there weren’t… ... 1 month ago
- RT @drkjlancaster: We know about the social determinants of health — food availability, inadequate transportation, job security, etc. that… ... 1 month ago
- RT @KFLAnetwork: RT @NPR: "Racism will disappear when [it's] no longer profitable and no longer psychologically useful. When that happens,… ... 1 month ago