The housing crisis of the 21st century devastated communities across the United States and the foreclosure rate skyrocketed to alarming numbers. Americans throughout the country either experienced the economic downtown indirectly or directly, but the African American community fared worse than any other racial group and are facing great challenges in regaining economic security even as the economy and labor market begins to recover. Recent data show: 1) The homeownership rate for African Americans has dropped 6% (twice the rate of any other racial group and the national average); 2) The foreclosure rate higher for African Americans than any other group at 8%[i]; 3) Mortgage lending to African Americans has dropped 60%; and 4) African Americans who are successful at securing a mortgage, often times are still paying more than White and Asian mortgage borrowers.
- https://t.co/yhrL7b1A2k ... 1 day ago
- Don’t Miss THIS!!! #TeamUnity #WeVoteD9 https://t.co/FbO4ZiFZLv ... 1 day ago
- The Love - Black Eyed Peas and Jennifer Hudson youtu.be/Jk7LPpY8pXM via @YouTube ... 3 days ago
- RT @BerniceKing: How it started: How it’s going: https://t.co/1R5OUxSpiH ... 2 weeks ago
- cbsnews.com/news/shaquille… The Struggle is real!! Get Registered TODAY! #TeamUnity #COURAGE ... 2 weeks ago