We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- Enough said. https://t.co/iQmrhNfVAR ... 5 days ago
- RT @akasorority1908: January 20 has been declared Kamala D. Harris Day! To celebrate our #akahistorymaker, wear shades of pink and your fav… ... 5 days ago
- RT @akasorority1908: Tune in tonight for the We Are One Celebration as part of @BidenInaugural to hear remarks from @akasorority1908 Intern… ... 5 days ago
- 'Collaborate, don't duplicate': How Black women's groups helped deliver the election to Biden, Harris nbcnews.com/know-your-valu… ... 5 days ago
- Join us! #BlackWomenLead https://t.co/0Q7cCSi46K ... 1 week ago