We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- RT @johngaskinstl: Thank you to our Veterans! Thanks to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy today. We will neve… ... 2 days ago
- RT @akasorority1908: Introducing Exemplifying Excellence! The monthly segment where we tell our OWN stories of courage, service, and EXCE… ... 2 days ago
- RT @NAACP: Today and every day, we salute those who have sworn to protect our rights and liberties. We pay homage to those who have served… ... 2 days ago
- Your Vote is Your Voice! IMG_5282.mov ... 1 week ago
- RT @Pontifex: Let us commit ourselves with prayer and action to distance our hearts, our words and our deeds from all violence in order to… ... 1 week ago