We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- RT @Pontifex: Evil tries to convince us that death is the end of everything. But the Risen Christ reveals a new dimension of eternal life! ... 1 week ago
- #KnowYourWorth. Lift your voice in policy discussions and community conversations to close the pay wage gap for Bla… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 1 week ago
- I’m excited to return to my home state of Florida to share strategies with @tampabay_health on how to “Find Your Vo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 weeks ago
- @ChristyMTurner you are amazing! Thanks for sharing in our special sister circle of friends. Until Next Time .... E… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 weeks ago
- RT @kbt278: Congrats to @roslynbrock Chair, Int’l Connections Committee of @akasorority1908 and @shavonarline Co-Chair Nt’l Social Action C… ... 1 month ago