We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- RT @HKrassenstein: Everyone must watch as the Senate Chaplain Barry Black subtly chastises Senate Republicans. Every American needs to lis… ... 3 weeks ago
- RT @SloaneDr: #AKAsLEAD #WhenWeAllVote https://t.co/FIm6ARcrOy ... 1 month ago
- RT @akasorority1908: Testing! Testing! We apologize in advance! #Ethel'sDaughters #Excellence #AKA1908 https://t.co/NPGkhd0SvW ... 1 month ago
- @IAmAventerGray @RealJohnGray When you’ve done all you can STAND and give God GLORY! Psalm 27:1-4… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 2 months ago
- My great thanks to @BobbyScott and @JacksonLeeTX18 for their leadership and swift assistance to calm my family’s fe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 2 months ago