We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- Today’s release of the first-ever U.S. Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality highlights that advancing gender equi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 days ago
- An important quality in an effective leader is adaptability. Especially right now, when we are faced with frequent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 3 days ago
- Women should be leading the fight against the climate crisis. Placing more #WomenInLeadership would lead to higher… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 4 days ago
- We don't need to hypothesize about the ways in which #ClimateChange highlights disparities. Hurricane Ida was a per… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 5 days ago
- If we don't act now, #ClimateChange is going to have adverse effects on nearly every aspect of our lives. It is enc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 6 days ago