We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- RT @UniteThePoor: LIVE NOW: Join #PoorPeoplesCampaign co-chairs @RevDrBarber & @liztheo for a Virtual National Town Hall w/ @NPHCHQ, for an… ... 16 hours ago
- RT @AlfredStreetBC: Back this month w/ a Special Presentation on IG LIVE... @CAYAExperience presents a much needed discussion on strength… ... 2 days ago
- RT @ColumbiaMDLinks: Be kind to yourself on self-care Sunday. Show yourself love. @ColumbiaMDLinks @EALinks https://t.co/mpORK3IWXb ... 2 days ago
- RT @Pontifex: Let us #PrayTogether today for those who clean hospitals, streets, who empty dumpsters, who go to each house to remove trash.… ... 1 week ago
- RT @NAACP: Because of your demands and action, these men have been arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault tonight. But we… ... 2 weeks ago