We have seen tremendous progress among African American women with respect to economic and educational gains during the last several decades – Black women have made strides in politics, entertainment, medicine, social sciences, and government. Yet, African American women continue to face significant barriers due to gender discrimination in the labor market leading to major income disparities and chronically high unemployment, coupled with few limited opportunities for asset building and wealth generation.
- RT @NAACP: We love to see it. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 #MakeBlackHistory #WomensHistoryMonth ... 2 weeks ago
- Join me today @thesiphour for today’s Power Lunch Hot Topics Edition on “365 Days of Faith” via Facebook Live at 2p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… ... 2 weeks ago
- Meet Me At The Cross. Good Friday Service at the Historic Alfred Street Baptist Church. instagram.com/p/CM9xpgRhcPt/… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @DerrickNAACP: The NAACP is calling on Congress to ban assault weapons immediately. #BanAssaultWeapons https://t.co/lIyacIgMRG ... 2 weeks ago
- Information is power! Tune in to this Town Hall meeting. https://t.co/IuZPnfZd4q ... 1 month ago